Personal Data We Collect
Microspot collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you purchase a Microspot product, submit a form request on our web site, register for the Microspot newsletter, contact our sales team or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using surveys, technologies like cookies and receiving error reports from software running on your device. We also obtain data from third parties.
We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Service providers such as web site trackers that help us determine a location based on your in order to customise certain products to your location.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or feature, you may not be able to use that product or feature.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Microspot, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
- Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your age, gender, country and preferred language.
- Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. Microspot does not store any or these payment details electronically or written.
- Troubleshooting and Help Data. When you engage Microspot for troubleshooting and help, we collect data about you and your hardware, software and other details related to the incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with Microspot, data about the condition of the machine and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, and system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations.
Back to top ↑
How We Use Personal Data
Microspot uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide you the products we offer, which includes using data to improve our products and personalize your experiences. We also may use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your purchases, product updates, promotions and product information. However, we do not use what you say in email, chat, video calls or voice mail, or your documents, photos or other personal files anywhere, without your prior permission.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data that we collect to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalized experience.
Providing and improving our products.
We use data to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the products, maintaining and improving the performance of the products, developing new features, conducting research and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the Products. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose product problems, solve issues and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product registration. We use data – serial number, name, email, address– to register your software.
- Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities. For example, we use error reports to improve stability, bug reports to determine problems with features, and recommendations to provide new features and improvements.
- Business Operations. We use data to develop analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business and sales.
Communications. We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means to discuss your licensing, let you know when updates are available, remind you about items left in your online shopping basket, invite you to participate in a survey, send you promotions and other product related information. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Microspot by email.
Back to top ↑
Sharing of Your Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorised. We also share data with Microspot-controlled affiliates; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights or property of Microspot.
In addition, we share personal data among Microspot-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
We will access, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails in Outlook.com, or files), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of Microspot, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the products – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our products to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property belonging to Microspot, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
Please note that some of our products include links to products of third parties whose privacy practices differ from Microspot’s. If you provide personal data to any of those products, your data is governed by their privacy statements.
Back to top ↑
Storing & Protecting Your Information
Microspot stores your information, such as name, email, phone number and other relevant contact information pertaining to your purchase or enquiry on a secure database in-house. Our third party payment gateway may store some of your data, from a purchase through our online store, and therefore have their own privacy policies and data control methods. For more information on this please contact Digital River directly.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, some private information such as (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers or in writing.
Back to top ↑
Disclosing Your Information to Outside Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Back to top ↑
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can request to view, update or edit your personal data by contacting Microspot directly. We will respond to requests to view, update or edit your personal data within 30 days. You can always access your licensing information from within the Microspot products.
You can always choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, messages, telephone calls and postal mail from Microspot through the unsubscribe options at the bottom of the emails we send.
Back to top ↑
Cookies & Other Technologies
We also use snippets to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include snippets and cookies from third-party service providers.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, snippets and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our products and services.
- Storing your Preferences and Settings. Settings that enable our products to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your machine. For example, if you choose your currency on a Microspot website, we may store that data in a cookie so that you will see the relevant currency when you return to the site.
- Storing Information You Provide to a Website. When you provide information, or add products to a shopping basket when shopping on Microspot websites, we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added.
- Social Media. Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
In addition to the cookies Microspot sets when you visit our websites, third parties may also set cookies when you visit Microspot sites. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content from third parties, such as videos or content delivered by other networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your machine and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, in Safari, you can block or delete cookies by clicking Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers may be available in each browser’s privacy or help documentation.
Certain features of Microspot websites depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Back to top ↑
Notice to End Users
Many Microspot products are intended for use by organizations and are administered to you by your organization. Your use of Microspot products may be subject to your organization’s policies, if any. If your organization. is administering your use of the Microspot products, please direct your privacy enquiries to your administrator. Microspot is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
If you use an email address provided by an organization. you are affiliated with, such as an employer or school, the owner of the domain (e.g. your employer) associated with your email address may: (i) control and administer your Microspot preferences and (ii) view, edit, update and process your data, including the contents of your communications and files.
Back to top ↑
Other Important Privacy Information
Microspot adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You have a right to request from us and access to and rectification of your personal data;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of Microspot as described in the “How We Use Personal Data” and “Sharing of Your Personal Data” sections above.
Back to top ↑
Product Specific Statements
Software License Agreement
The following outlines the License agreement by which the software your trial or purchase is governed by. Please read this license agreement carefully before using the software. By using the software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this license. If you do not agree to the terms of this license, promptly return the unused software to the place where you purchased it and your money will be refunded.
Digital downloads are given their own unique category under the Consumer Rights and are therefore not services or goods. If you want to download something within 14 days of buying it, you will have to give your consent to waive the 14-day cooling-off period. If you don’t give your consent, the 14-day cooling-off period still applies, but you won’t be able to download your digital content until this period has ended. Refunds of digital downloads are only accepted within the 14 day cooling off period and only if the download link and serial number have not already been sent via email/other digital medium or downloaded by the customer.
- License: The application, demonstration and other software and data libraries accompanying this License, whether on disk, in read only memory, or on any other media (the "Software"), and the related documentation are licensed to you by Microspot. You own the disk on which the Software is recorded but Microspot and/or Microspot Licensors retain title to the Software and related documentation. This License allows you to use the Software on a single computer and make one copy of the Software in machine-readable format for backup purpose only. You must reproduce on such copy the Microspot copyright notice that was on the original copy of the Software. You may also transfer all your license rights in the Software, the backup copy of the Software, the related documentation and a copy of this License to another party, provided the other party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License and registers the software with Microspot.
- Restrictions: The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. In order to protect them, and except as permitted by applicable legislation, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form. You may not modify, network, rent, lease, loan, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Software in whole or in part. You may not electronically transmit the Software from one computer to another or over a network.
- Termination: This License is effective until terminated. You may terminate this License at any time by destroying the Software, related documentation and all copies thereof. This License will terminate immediately without notice from Microspot if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon termination or transfer to another party you must destroy the Software, related documentation and all copies thereof.
- Government End Users: If you are acquiring the Software on behalf of any unit or agency of the United States Government, the following provisions apply. The Government agrees:
if the Software is supplied to the Department of Defense (DoD) the Software is classified as "Commercial Computer Software" and the Government is acquiring only "restricted rights" in the Software and its documentation as that term is defined in Clause 252.227-7013(c)(1) of the DFARS; and
- if the Software is supplied to any unit or agency of the United States Government other than DoD, the Government’s rights in the Software and its documentation will be as defined in Clause 52.227-19(c)(2) of the FAR or, in the case of NASA, in Clause 18-52.227-86(d) of the NASA Supplement to the FAR.
- Limited Warranty on Media: Microspot warrants the diskettes and/or compact disc on which the Software is recorded to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase as evidenced by a copy of the receipt. Microspot’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be replacement of the diskettes and/or compact disc not meeting Microspot’s limited warranty and which is returned to Microspot or a Microspot authorized representative with a copy of the receipt. Microspot will have no responsibility to replace a disk/disc damaged by accident, abuse or misapplication. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THE DISKETTES AND/OR COMPACT DISC, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF DELIVERY. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION.
- Disclaimer of Warranty on Microspot Software: You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Software is at your sole risk. The Software and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and Microspot and Microspot’s Licensor(s) (for the purposes of provisions 6 and 7, Microspot and Microspot’s Licensor(s) shall be collectively referred to as "Microspot") EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MICROSPOT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, MICROSPOT DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY MICROSPOT OR A MICROSPOT AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT MICROSPOT OR A MICROSPOT AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL MICROSPOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF MICROSPOT OR A MICROSPOT AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In no event shall Microspot’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you for the Software.
- Controlling Law and Severability: This License shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this License, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the License shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect.
- Complete Agreement: This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Software and the related documentation, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Microspot.
Back to top ↑
Symbol Library (Add-On) License Agreement
These products are licensed to the purchaser under the following conditions, but copyright remains the property of Microspot Ltd for all Microspot Add-Ons. The licensee may use the files to produce signs or other artwork which may be sold but the licensee may not give or sell the files to any third party. The Licensee may make a copy for their own back up purposes. Although these files have been designed in the styles specified by certain governing bodies, Microspot does not accept responsibility for any non compliance with any recognized standard and the licensee must be responsible for their use of the symbols.
Back to top ↑
Trademark & Legal Information
Microspot, Microspot MacDraft, Dreams, Microspot Librarian, Microspot PC Draft, MacPlot, Microspot Interiors, 3D World, Microspot Renderer, Microspot Media Assistant, Microspot Hydra, Microspot PhotoFix and Browser are all trademarks of Microspot Limited. Apple™, AppleScript™, Automato™, iPhone™, iPod™, iOS™, Mac™, Mac OS X™, Macintosh™ are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Under no circumstances may this or any part of this publication be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, copied and/or modified, in any form or by any means, mechanical, electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of Microspot Limited, with the following exceptions: Any licensed user of Microspot products is hereby authorised to store this material on their licensed computer for personal use only and to print copies of documentation for personal use provided that the documentation contains Microspot Limited copyright notices.
No licences, express or implied, are granted with respect to any of the technology described in our documentation. Microspot Limited retains all intellectual property rights associated with the technology in our publications.
Back to top ↑